What is a coronavirus?
Coronaviruses belong to a large family of viruses which may cause affliction in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses have caused respiratory infections fluctuating from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is the infectious condition caused by the most recently determined coronavirus. This new virus and disease became known in connection with the outbreak starting in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
According ot the World Health Organisation, the most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may develop aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected without developing any symptoms and feeling unwell. Approximately 80% of infected people recover from the disease without needing special treatment. In average, 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill, developing complications breathing. Eldery people, and those with underlying health problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to become seriously ill. Seek medical attention if you develop such symptoms as fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
How does COVID-19 spread?
You can catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus. The disease can be transmitted from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. These droplets land on objects and surfaces around the person. Other people then catch COVID-19 by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. You can also catch COVID-19 if you breathe in droplets from a person with COVID-19 who coughs out or exhales droplets. Therefore, it is important to stay more than 1 meter (3 feet) away from a person who is sick.
How can I protect myself against COVID-19?
Swedish company FrostPharma AB has launched a hand disinfection product OXISKIN®PLUS. The product contains uniquely stabilized hydrogen peroxide 3%, which stops calicivirus causing winter malaise and also has shown effect against coronavirus.
OXISKIN®PLUS provides effective protection against viruses, bacteria and fungi. According to EN test 14476, it kills calicivirus by> 99.99% causing winter vomiting. The EN test has also shown effects on most other viruses including Coronavirus, Rotavirus, Ebolavirus, Hepatitis A, parvovirus and influenza virus.
OXISKIN®PLUS is odorless, does not stick and does not dry out the skin. It is retailed retailed in a 100 ml spray bottle, what makes it easy to apply and carry around. After use, OXISKIN®PLUS is converted to oxygen and water. It provides effective protection while being gentle toward both the skin and the environment.
How to reduce the risks of being infected or spreading coronavirus?
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or OXISKIN®PLUS wash them with soap and water. Such procedures kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Use OXISKIN®PLUS regularly to increase protection.
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. The small liquid droplets from the nose or mouth may contain virus. By being too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person coughing has the disease.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth, because hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze, disposing of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have developed a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority. In Sweden: https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se
- Stay aware of the latest COVID-19 hotspots (cities or local areas where COVID-19 is spreading widely). Avoid traveling to places – especially if you are an older person or have diabetes, heart or lung disease.
Amasis Konsult AB helps the client
Amasis Konsult AB have been working with FrostPharma AB since 2017 to produce documentation for their chemical products. High quality safety data sheets have been developed for FrostPharma’s demanding customers. We have reported the products to different registers.
During the ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus, we have also been involved internationally, helping FrostPharma AB with international information for the companies that import and sell their disinfectants. Disinfectants are often classified as pharmaceuticals or medical technical products. Because Oxiskin Plus is a biocide within product type 1, disinfectant for human hygiene, it can be difficult for buyers who are accustomed to, and know about, the medical legislation, to understand biocide legislation. This is where Amasis Konsult’s expertise lies, informing about how this EU regulation on biocides works. Since the outbreak started, we have been in stand-by around the clock to answer regulatory questions for FrostPharma AB and their customers.